Thursday 16 March 2017

Crossfit 17.3 Recap

Coming in to this years Open, as I stated before, my goal was to Rx each workout, and not a cheap Rx where I only do one of the movements.

One of my many weakness is any weight overhead, it comes down to strength and confidence.  About a month before the Open I started to work with Allison who is a coach in my box,  I respect her greatly for her knowledge and ability to coach. I went to her and asked that she help me with weight overhead, seems simple but most sessions i would only use a empty barbell, far from the 95lbs needed to Rx 17.3.

In my box ( Rocky Lake Barbell ) we have awesome weightlifting coaches, the box is divided into a Crossfit side and a olympic weightlifting side with lots of cross over.

I did 5 sessions with Allison prior to attempting 17.3 , the last session was right before I attempted the workout on Monday, the session started with a women's bar, mens bar, then started to load on weight. This session was more about confidence building then anything. Right before the workout I tried to back out of the workout saying it would ruin the progress, really I was afraid of it. Allison told me we would just take it one rep at a time, we wouldn't rush. Well lets just say it worked, I hit 14 PR snatches at 95lbs and was super pumped!!

This is all about seeing your weaknesses and taking the time to fix them, I still have alot of work to do, but this was a great starter.



  

1 comment:

  1. In this case, you'll tell the new insurance company you'll get it to them as soon as you receive it. The insurance companies handle this situation daily and they'll know what to do.

    employment drug testing

    ReplyDelete

The Box After Dark New Intro

As I'm slowing building my Youtube Channel I felt I needed a nice intro, used a Site called Fiver, this cost me $5, worth looking into...